Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Lake Powell in November

Jason, Colton, I, My parents, Jen, and Jocylynn went to Lake Powell over the weekend. We tried to get others to come, but I think they thought we were crazy. It is a great time to go, but a very different trip from when we go in July. Jen and I had parent and teacher conferences on Thursday night, so we left about 8:30 pm. on Thursday. Therefore, we got on the lake around 1:30. We had to use the spotlight to get to the houseboat. My dad is a pro after navigating the houseboat in July from the firework display.

On Friday, my dad moved the houseboat to the slips. It has been on a bouy in the middle of the lake. Once we were on the slips we had unlimited power, which was nice.


Jason, Jen and I went on a hike in Lake Canyon. My mom was nice to watch the kids. It probably wasn't the best hike for November, but a better choice for July. We were able to walk a ways on dry land and then we had to cross a stream. I took my shoes off and started walking through the stream bed. Jason and Jen tried to find a way accross, but were unsuccessful, so they also took their shoes off and started walking through the stream bed. We started to play in the mud. There was a lot of water under the mud, so it was like jumping on a trampoline. Then Jason came and he sunk in. Later, Jen and I also sunk in, but not as bad as Jason.

We had wanted to see the ruins that is why we chose this area. However, after hiking for 1 hour without seeing them, we decided that we better turn around before it got dark. As we were hiking back, Jen spotted them. I can't believe that the Indians would hike up and down the sleep sliff to get to their home. I am glad that I live now and not then.

Friday night, my mom was playing peek-a-boo with Colton. He would say eek-a-voo everytime he pulled the shirt off of his head. It was so cute.

On Saturday we relaxed. It warmed up to about 60 degrees. The water temp was 62-64 degrees, so I decided that I wanted to go skiing. I had a wonderful ski ride. The water was perfectly smooth. I held on as long as I could. Jen went water skiing and wakeboarding. She used Jason's wetsuit. Jason said that we were crazy and that he didn't want to go, so he didn't put his swimming suit on. I called him a wimp, so he decided to go in his levis. I wish that I would of had my camera to get a picture. He wakeboarded. He decided that the levis were a good idea and had kept him warm. When we got back to the houseboat, my dad needed help putting the swim ladder back on, so since Jason was already wet, he hoped on the little raft to go under the houseboat and help my dad. He also saved a waterbottle that Jocylynn had thrown in the water.


I wanted to buy Colton a Lake Powell shirt. The 12 month shirts weren't big enough and they didn't have any 18 month shirts, so we resorted to the 2T. It is a little big, but he is still cute, and he will be able to wear it for a long time.

On Sunday, we did our usual cleaning. Colton grabbed the broom, so that he could help. We got home around 9:00 pm. That is the earliest that we have gotten home all year. It was an enjoyable trip. Colton survived his 5th time to and from Lake Powell.


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys had a great time. I never thought I would see the day where Jason would wimp out because it was cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you had a good time at Lake Powell! We had SO much fun going with you this summer...these pictures bring back some memories :). Colton is so cute...it looks like he has the walking thing down. Smart boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you guys had a great time. But how could you not its Lake Powell. Colton is getting so big and cute.

    ReplyDelete