Sunday, November 30, 2008

Week in Review - First Tooth, Thanksgiving, Black Friday


Monday
Colton's first tooth finally broke through!! I thought this wasn't going to happen until after he was a year old and I actually I was beginning to worry that he was never going to get teeth. So I was glad that a tooth came, even though he wasn't happy all night. Jason fed him Oatmeal while standing up and rocking him. I don't have that kind of talent.

Tuesday
My mom, dad, and I went to the University of Utah Women's Basketball game. I didn't see much of the game as I was watching Colton, even though my parents were really helpful. Colton would start clapping when everyone else did. It was sooo cute.

Wednesday
I took Colton and Jocylynn to the Thanksgiving feast at my school. My students loved seeing Colton.

Thursday
Thanskgiving! Yum! We went to Jason's parent's house and spent the morning with them. We ate Thanksgiving dinner out there. Colton's first Thanksgiving dinner. He tried everything and seemed to enjoy most of it. Then we went to my aunt and uncle's house for cheesecake. They are very nice to invite our family to join them. All of the cousins love playing with Colton. I am Thankful for many things: a wonderful family, a place to live, modern amenities, jobs, plus many many more things. Throughout the day I made sure that I looked at all of the ads for our shopping day. Jason surprised me by only looking at a handful of ads.




Colton and Oakley enjoyed playing on the tractor. However both of them didn't fit very well.



Friday
7 cent diapers!! We got up at 4:15, so we could be to Babies R Us at 5:00. The line wasn't very big. We got 9 boxes of diapers. Hopefully they will last for awhile. I thought that Colton would sleep through the shopping, but he was up when we walked through the door at Babies R Us and only took a few cat naps in the car between stores. We went to Home Depot, Sears, Shopko, Office Depot, RC Willey, Smith's Marketplace, Staples, Wal-Mart, JC Penny, and Macy's. The worst line was at RC Willey. The line to get in went all the way from the front of the store to the back. I didn't realize that furniture was such a hit on the day after Thanksgiving. We went for the door buster table and chair set, but they were out (only after being open 10 minutes), so we got the one in their 2 day sale. I think that it will actually be a better fit for our house. Thankfully we have a RC Willey account, so we didn't have to wait in the line that wrapped all the way around the store to pay for the set. We were done shopping at 1:00. We must have all been tired. We all came home and took a 2 hour nap. I went and saw Twilight with all the girl cousins, aunts, and my grandma for girl's night out. It was good. I guess that I need to read the books.

Saturday
We all must have been really tired; we slept in until 9:20. I don't think Colton has ever slept in that long. We didn't accomplish much. We started cleaning the house, we went shopping, we got out of Christmas decorations and put up a couple of things and we bought Colton's birthday present.


After Colton went to sleep, Jason and I put together our table and chair set. We thought that the benefit of buying from a place like RC Willey was that things come mostly pre-assembled, but we were wrong. Jason and I have sore thumbs from tightening screws. It looks really nice. Now Colton won't be pulling the chairs over and getting poked with screws.



What a busy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment