Sunday, May 31, 2009

Lake Powell

We went to Lake Powell during the first week of May. We left after Jason's graduation on May 2nd. We loaded onto the boat late Saturday night.
On Sunday, we went to church in Ticaboo. It is a small church. There were 7 ladies in Relief Society and probably about 30-40 people in Sacrament meeting. Then we took the houseboat to Halls Creek Bay. We found a spot with sand for Colton and Jocylynn.
I had a great ski ride on Monday. The water was a little cool, but the smooth water was way worth it. Jason even went skiing without his wetsuit. I had threatened to post a picture of his white legs if he used the wetsuit. We went and explored some canyons. We found a narrow canyon that looked fun for a hike. Jason, Jen, and Jocylynn left in the afternoon.
Tuesday and Wednesday were relaxing. I worked on reading The Host. I took Colton on a hike with my dad. I went watersking, but most of all I relaxed. Colton played in the sand, fed ducks, picked up seashells, and threw rocks.
My brother came on Thursday morning with James, our cousin. My brother and I don't get along, enough said. Jason came late Thursday night. I was glad to have him back.
We went for a hike in the narrow canyon on Friday. It was really neat. We had to climb over walls and find ways around pools of water. We came to a point where we didn't think that we could get over the wall. Next time, we will need to take better equipment. I went for a ski ride.
I went skiing again on Saturday. Jason is great at playing with Colton on his level. Jason does a great job of entertaining Colton.
On Sunday, we packed up, cleaned the boat and headed home. We got home late as usual. Sunday was Mother's Day. My second mother's day. Colton gave me a fun CTR ring. I am grateful for my mother.
Here is a slide show of more pictures from Lake Powell:

No comments:

Post a Comment