Tuesday, June 23, 2009

June's Lake Powell Trip

We just got back from another Lake Powell trip. This year it was a little cool. We didn't go skiing or wakeboarding a ton.

We stayed on the slip for a couple days. My dad was working on a minor remodeling project. Colton likes to try to help my dad. I think he is going to be an engineer or something like that.















Colton and Jason went rafting under the houseboat.

My parents, grandparents, aunt and uncle, cousins, and second-cousins came with us.

Since the weather wasn't the greatest, we didn't spend a lot of time in the water. One day we filled up Colton's pool and let him splash in it, which he enjoyed.

Colton loves going down slides, so I wanted to let him try the houseboat slide. I wasn't strong enough to hold him out of the water, but he didn't cry, so I think that it was ok.


Jason took Colton down the waterslide that Colby made. Colton seemed to like it, so Jason took him down multiple times. I'll have to post the video later.




I went surfing behind the boat for my first time. I didn't ever dare let go of the rope and get the real feel of surfing.
Jason and Colton go rafting again, but this time they get a ride back to the houseboat.

Jason, Colton and I went on a hike with my dad. He thought that we could hike from our houseboat to the top of the Lost Eden canyon where we had hiked from the lake in May. Surprisingly we found it. It was about a 4 mile hike round trip. Colton rode most of the way in the backpack carrier. However about half way he got out. He was a good little hiker. He liked to hike on his own. He climbed any rocks that he could find. Look for the video that I will post later.

We started hiking into the canyon towards the lake, but quickly decided that it wasn't a good idea to do with Colton and we probably needed better equipment.

Overall we had a nice relaxing trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment