Corbin was born on Monday. I had to be at the hospital at 5:00 am. I had expected not to deliver until late afternoon, which I thought would be better than with Colton at 10:00 pm. However, my nurse promised that I would have him by lunch time. I was skeptical. She was right, he came at 11:34 am. Throughout my pregnancy I was asked multiple times, if I was having twins because I guess I looked really big. He was all out front. I had to buy a couple of more maternity shirts during the last month, because nothing I had was long enough, but I figured that was because I had started out bigger than when I became pregnant with Colton. I guess this wasn't all true. Corbin was 8 lbs 7 oz. Colton was only 7 lbs 3 oz. So Corbin was quite a bit bigger. My doctor said it was a good thing that we hadn't waited until I was 39 or 40 weeks. When he came out the umbilacal cord was wrapped around his ankle. It took the doctor a few seconds to get it unwrapped. Then he laid him on my chest. He hadn't cried or taken a breath. It seemed like forever, though I am sure it was only seconds. But I started to worry when I could hear the worry in my doctor's voice as he has patting him and telling him to cry. Finally he did cry. They took him to the warmer and he peed on 2 of the nurses. They will remember him. :) My mom was quick to notice that he is missing a joint in each of his index fingers. Both my mom and I are missing a joint in our index fingers. It is a heriditary thing. She said that Corbin is the 6th generation that we know of to have this characteristic. We were worried about Jaundice since Colton had it and we had to put him in a suitcase. We asked the pediatrician about it, so he had him checked on Tuesday and yes, he had Jaudice. They put him on a billy bed in the hospital.
It is a bummer to not be able to hold him, but luckily it is something that can be taken care of. Because of our crazy months before his birth, we hadn't spent much time thinking about what his name was going to be. Jason had a list of 10; I had a list of 25. We narrowed it down in the hospital to 4 names before he was born: Brenden, Jayton, Parker and Corbin. Corbin wasn't on our lists but was the other name that we had debated on when choosing Colton's name. All through my pregnancy when people asked if we were going to use it, I said no that I didn't like it anymore. But on Sunday night, Jason brought it up as a possibility again and it sounded ok this time, so it made it on the list. We had a really hard time deciding what his name should be. Neither Jason nor I are good decision makers. We have a hard enough time deciding where we should go to dinner, let alone trying to decide what we want to name our child. We both really liked Jayton. It is a name that I kinda made up. I saw Jatin on one of the name lists, but I didn't like the spelling, so I respelled it Jayton, which I couldn't find on any of the name lists. Jason's mom was worried about it getting mixed up with Jason. Especially since Utahns don't pronounce thier t's. I decided that she was probably right and it could be confusing. Plus it would probably be a pain for him to have to always spell his name. So it came off the list. So out of the three names that were left, we both liked Corbin a little more than the other 2, so that is how he got his name. The poor child was nameless for almost 2 days. I thought we were bad that Colton was nameless for 1 day.
3 years ago

Congrats Chelsea and Jason
ReplyDeleteYeah! Congrats Chelsea and Jason! He looks happy to be HOME!
ReplyDelete